Thursday 27 December 2012

Planning a Camping Expedition

By 


I am a diehard traveler and most of the best trips that I have ever been on, the worth remembering all your life, have been camping expedition. I can barely remember which hotel I had slept in the last time I had gone on a trip but I invariably remember all the details of all the camping trips that I have ever been on.
Once I had gone on a trip with some family friends to Canada and we were living in Toronto. Three days in the hotel and I started feeling as if I had not seen enough of the place. So I and this friend of mine decided to quickly rent some basic camping gear and go on a mini trip outside. And I remember nearly everything about those two days in the campsite about 50 kilometers from Toronto. The thick knee length snow, the dazzling sky at night, those bon fires and the music playing made the camping trip quite memorable. It was just so blissful to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
My point is, if you are thinking of going on a camping expedition, do not think twice. Just assemble a group of people, plan it out, and get the gear. You will have a really good time and remember it for years to come. Now you might get baffled because of the number of things that one might need or during the planning process.
Planning for a camping trip is very simple, as a matter of fact. You just need to decide where you want to go and for how many days. Take into consideration the number of people in your group, consider if any person has medical problems because camping outside requires one to be fit. Also, read up a little about the area where you intend to pitch your tent. Take a map along if necessary as it will also assist you in knowing the area better.
As for camping gear, you will need a tent, sleeping bags, cooking utensils, food and water supplies, knives and a flashlight. To equip yourself, you can also refer to camping guides and books as these will help you in making an educated decision. The guides will also help you know which stores to buy your camping gear from and how to get the best deals so that you do not end up spending a fortune on the gear.
However, my suggestion would be to keep it really basic and handle any emergencies using basic common sense. You will not need any advanced equipment. Plus, there won't be any fun left if all you do during the trip is to worry about "things". Remember, you are going camping because you want a break from the materialistic pleasures of urban living. You will be going to the hills so that you can spend some time exploring nature, spending time alone with the trees and birds of the jungle and generally have fun.
I bought a car fridge from this online camping gear store - http://www.techniice.com. I found it to be the most important thing needed for a camping trip.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7441081

No comments:

Post a Comment